One of the newer types of dermal fillers, Juvederm has quickly become a favorite treatment among those who are dissatisfied with deep lines and wrinkles on their faces. However, those who are not familiar with this product may be concerned that it will not work well for them. Learning more about what it is and how it works can help you know if you may be a good candidate for this popular treatment, offered at Premier Dermatology and Mohs Surgery of Atlanta.
Juvederm is a temporary dermal filler formed from hyaluronic acid. When compared to older options that relied on collagen to fill and boost the skin, it provides better results in a shorter period of time. Hyaluronic acid is a substance found naturally in your body. It draws water towards it, which is why Juvederm can plump up the skin. After the injection, moisture and nutrients are drawn into the skin, helping to fill in deeper lines and wrinkles. Because of the high concentrations of hyaluronic acid in this product, you should find that results last longer than they do with other similar products.
You may be a good candidate if you fall into certain categories, including the following:
- You are unhappy with the lines and wrinkles on your face. Juvederm is a cosmetic treatment designed to fill deep lines, particularly those around the mouth and nose.
- You are unhappy with the size of your lips. Some formulations of Juvederm are designed for lip augmentation, allowing you to have naturally plump lips, especially as you age.
- You have generally good skin tone. While Juvederm can be used on almost any face, the best results will occur with those who have moderate amounts of collagen and elastin already in their skin. This will help the skin bounce back more naturally.
- You are looking for a quick and easy treatment. A Juvederm treatment takes only a few minutes in our clinic setting. Treatments are easy and comfortable. As soon as the treatment is over, you can go back immediately to your daily routine.
- You are looking for a temporary solution. While Juvederm often lasts longer than other similar fillers, it is a temporary solution whose results will fade within six months on average. Regular treatments will keep your face looking its best.
At Premier Dermatology and Mohs Surgery of Atlanta, our medical professionals provide optimal health and wellness options to those in Atlanta. Contact us today to schedule a consultation to learn more about if Juvederm is right for you.