Dermatology is the branch of medicine that treats diseases of the skin, hair, and nails. It encompasses both surgical and medical aspects and treats cosmetic problems. In order to know which medical dermatology service is right for you, a diagnosis of your skin, scalp, hair or nail issues needs to be given.
During a consultation with Dr. Brent Taylor, our board-certified dermatologist, you may express your concerns and be examined to determine the right medical dermatology service for you. Contact Premier Dermatology and Mohs Surgery of Atlanta today to schedule an appointment!
There is a wide range of issues from rosacea to skin cancer that may need medical treatment. Some of the most common skin conditions that dermatologists treat include:
- Acne – There are three main types of acne, and each has a recommended treatment.
- Varicose veins – You may be developing varicose veins and not realize it because they have not begun to show. If you have symptoms such as aching, heaviness, burning, swelling and itching of your lower legs, you may be developing varicose veins. There are several minimally-invasive treatments available for varicose veins and spider veins.
- Eczema – Certain creams and medications may be prescribed to treat eczema. The treatment will depend on the severity of the condition.
- Rosacea – Laser light treatment is considered one of the best treatments to reduce or remove the visible symptoms of rosacea.
- Psoriasis – Laser and light therapy are the two most common treatments for psoriasis. Prescription oral or injected drugs may also be recommended, and these treatments are often used together.
- Warts – Several types of non-cancerous growths on the skin may be removed with a variety of different methods.
- Skin cancer – There are three main types of skin cancer, including basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, and melanoma. Each has its own treatment. If you have growths on your skin that have blurred edges, irregular shapes, non-uniform colors and are larger than six millimeters or are growing very rapidly, you may be developing one of the above kinds of skin cancer. Our specialist may diagnose the type and recommend the right treatment. It is important to get help as soon as you see unusual behavior of any skin growth.
Whether you are dealing with a condition involving the skin, hair or nails, there is likely a medical dermatology service that can help. Make an appointment with Premier Dermatology and Mohs Surgery of Atlanta to learn about your treatment options. Contact us today to request a consultation at our office in Alpharetta.